“Social media is a critical part of business to business marketing today and companies with 51-100 twitter followers generate 106% more traffic to their website than those with 25 or fewer.”
“The power of social networking is such that, the number of worldwide users is expected to reach some 2.5 billion by 2018”
“Professionals are signing up to join LinkedIn at a rate of more than two new members per second”
Sources: linkedin.com, Hubspot and Statista.com
If you still aren’t convinced and your business hasn’t started using social media here are five compelling reasons to do so:
1. It’s free. Other than the time spent on social media, it doesn’t have to cost you anything. Decide which social media platforms will work best for you. Set up a profile and start connecting.
2. Instantly connect with customers and remain visible. This then allows you to actively influence buying decisions and encourage repeat business.
3. Think of it as the modern day networking event. Nothing can beat face to face interaction, but social media allows you to connect with a much wider audience and increase brand awareness.
4. It’s a great way of sharing content. Use social media to push out your news stories and keep customers and prospects informed of new developments, investments and innovations happening within your business. Good quality content can help you attract new customers and position you as experts.
5. Helps boost SEO and drive traffic to your website.